family friendly gaming kid friendly 2:40 PMMelanie M.
circus family family friendly 10:54 AMMelanie M.
Not your ordinary circus! I grew up attending the Ringling Bros Barnum & Bailey circus's. That was several years ago! This is the new "Circus Xtreme". I've never seen anything like it. It was a circus with the entertainment level of a Las Vegas production or a musical production. A circus with a story. A theme. Dancers and acrobats all around. A lot of stunts, aerialists and so much more.
This circus was a first my niece and nephew. A second time for my other nephews and my boys. My niece kept asking were the elephants were. Apparently they no longer had elephants and clowns in little cars like we all remember. Though my niece never saw the elephants she was expecting, there were camels, dogs and of course the lions. The lions were my favorite.
I enjoyed the circus xtreme and I'm my nephews, niece and kids did too! It was very entertaining, very upbeat and exciting. If you haven't seen this amazing new circus, go see it! Click here for their schedule https://www.ringling.com/shows/circus-xtreme/
Disclosure: I received tickets for this event. All opinions are 100% mine. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255
Tips for Giving Back During Summer:
- Get the kids involved. Kids are home and looking for something to do. They have loads of energy, creativity and enthusiasm. Talk to your kids about ways they can make a difference in your community this summer – they are never too young to start. Fun activities like a car wash or lemonade stand can collect money for a cause. A summer food drive is a great idea. Kids love using the technology at YouGiveGoods.com to run an online food drive. They can tap into their social networks and learn how to use social media for good. Setting up a drive is simple, free, fun and most importantly, gets much-needed food items delivered to local food pantries.
- Get the grandparents involved. Retired people are a great resource for charitable work. Many welcome the responsibility and interaction that come with volunteer work but don't know where to start. Recruit your parents, grandparents, older neighbors, and senior center patrons to help support your cause.
- Collect donations at your next family or business event. Is your business holding a summer picnic? Are you planning a graduation, birthday party or just fun get together? Why not ask each attendee to bring a canned good to your event? Set up a table to drop off and showcase the goods you've collected. We promise this donation table will be a happy topic of conversation at your event.
- Make a difference as a family. Family time is important to many over the summer months. What better way to motivate and bond a family than to work together for a greater good? Studies show that kids that see parents and grandparents volunteering are more likely to volunteer and donate to charity as they get older. Animal lovers, call your local animal shelter and set up a time for the whole family to go in and volunteer. Families of book lovers can run a book drive for area kids' summer programs. Outdoorsy families can grab gloves and a garbage bag and clean a local park. Active exercise enthusiasts can organize a neighborhood run or fun walk benefiting a cause. Choosing your cause, organizing and planning the event, no matter how small, will be some of the most rewarding family time you've ever spent. Imagine how you will all feel when you have accomplished your goal, together.
- Virtual volunteering. If it's hard for you to commit to a scheduled time and place to volunteer, virtual volunteering is a relatively new option for you to consider. Contact the nonprofit that is close to your heart and discuss virtual volunteer opportunities. A few hours of your time using your home computer can make a big difference to a nonprofit. Offer your expertise in accounting, marketing, graphic design, party planning, logistics, and more.
family friendly family time kid friendly 5:10 PMMelanie M.
In Las Vegas, record temperature's were to hit triple digits. I'm talking 114 degrees and higher in different parts of the valley. HOLY MOLY! No, I don't have a swimming pool. So what's the next best thing? The water park! Wet N' Wild is only 20 minutes away from my house. When we heard of the extreme heat wave we were going to have this week, we planned on cooling off at Wet N' Wild.
This was our second time at Wet N' Wild. We had our tickets waiting at Will Call. We then proceeded to our cabana check-in. We were able to get a cabana along side Red Rock Bay (the wave pool). The wave pool is one my son's favorite places to swim and play. He loves crashing up against the waves and jumping waves.
My boys and my nephew did not waste any time. They wanted to get a head start on all the slides. First up, the Rattler. It was good because they were all three able to ride together. While they were on that ride, my Husband and I rode on the Constrictor. I'll be honest...I got sick! A lot of corkscrews and it's in a tunnel so it's dark for most of the ride. It caught me off guard and I got a little lightheaded for the first part of our day.
The lazy river or the Colorado Cooler is our most favorite part of the park. Floating in a tube (or without) is the life. My oldest son likes to relax and sometimes fall asleep. I like that the park allows people to enter the lazy river without a tube, as opposed to other waterparks we've been to.
It was nice to have access to our own cabana. Cabanas rentals include a table with four chairs, two lounge chairs and a cabana host for food and beverage service (purchased separately). The cabanas come with a pitcher of cold water and a bowl of fruit. While we had great service from our servers, it was a disappointment that when we tried to order (more) fruit, we were told there were no fruits. Then I tried to order an iced coffee, but was told there was no ice coffee. By that time, I decided wait until our day was done to eat elsewhere. We did have a whole pizza and some Gatorades while at the park. There is other food available in the park, but you can't order it through the Cabana servers.
When the temperatures are as hot as it is during our Summer's in Las Vegas, Wet N" Wild is the perfect place to cool down with the family. My family and I are big waterpark goers and we enjoy spending the day splishing and splashing!
Disclosure: I received tickets for this waterpark. All opinions are 100% mine. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255
blogger candy basket candy bouquet 5:59 AMMelanie M.
If you wish to win the heart of your loved one, sweet bouquet of candies is without fail a cherished gift. If you are fallen in love with someone, or want to express your love towards your family members, you can bless it with heart winning sweet candy bouquet. It’s over to you which type of bouquet you send. There are myriad choices of colorful candies incorporated in the nice packing. You can go through and select the gift you are wishing for.
Want to impress your girl friend or party honoree, smart choice here. Smartest bouquet is a lip-smacking treat you can gift to your friend, girl friend, wife, father or mother on the special events. Quality candies are gathered smartly in one bouquet. Smarties are styled in accent packing to allure the taste buds.
If you make choice for the healthier treat, going nuts is definite gift you should grab. Give a way to happiness with this pleasing bouquet. It’s a complete package of serving variety of flavored candies filled with nuts. Sneakers, Peanut M&M’s candy and more awesome tasty bars are joined for celebrating big events. Grab this one for birthday gift delivery.
A special surprise right here to throw on the party premises. Candy cake bouquet is an innovative idea for sharing special moments. Send loads of love with the special cake designed to celebrate the relations. Be the first one, gift something extraordinary and unique. Share it with couples enjoying anniversary, share it with the kids celebrating birthday. Our candy bar cake is fully loaded with top quality bars and hand-tied with beautiful ribbon. Cake-hunters will surely delight with the super special gift from your side.
The full fun basket is right here to get the extreme fun of tasting mouthwatering candies. Present a basket filled with luscious candies inside. If you are ready to send a thoughtful gift, this is a big deal. It is a trendy and classy gift, definitely your recipient would love to grab first. There are loads of ideas of candy basket arrangements you can see and order.
Give a way to love sending heart throbbing heart of hearts candies from our gift shop. It is a desirable gift to display the unseen love. Myriad colors candy filled in heart bouquet is a phenomenal idea to win the heart of your lover.
Never let it down; give a way to your feeling with candy heart and roses bouquet. Heart shaped candy with roses is a perfect pick to grab for anniversary gift, birthday gift for lover.
Guest Post Contributor:
Lauren Johnson is a creative writer by passion and marketing professional by profession – a tech-savvy who is currently associated with Giftblooms, an Online Gift Store. For over 10 years she's been working with eCommerce agencies to gain more revenue and better sales. she holds relevant industry experience and writes about Fashion, Lifestyle and Food-Beverages.